Apply Your Professional Skills and Help Strengthen Nonprofits
9 people are interested
Nonprofit organizations need your help more now than ever!! Many lack the capacity and resources they need to support their missions and the numerous people they serve. Your professional expertise and passion for contributing to the community will play an essential role in helping these organizations realize their full potential.
Who are we? 501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching, and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to volunteer consultants who generously give of their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting.
How does it work? Members of 501 Commons’ Service Corps support nonprofits by acting as:
- Consultants on well-defined projects that are guided by a consulting contract
- Facilitators of meetings, retreats, and conferences
- Coaches for nonprofit leaders
While the requirements of each project vary, on average consultants can expect to serve 6-12 hours per month throughout the course of 4-6 months, and work on projects in pairs. All volunteers are covered by 501 Commons' Professional Liability coverage.
What’s in it for you? As a service corps member, you will:
- Learn new skills that fuel personal and professional growth
- Have access to our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
About Executive Service Corps of Washington, a program of 501 Commons
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144, US
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits--so people and communities flourish.
501 Commons was founded in 1989 as Executive Service Corps of Washington. In 2010, we changed our name to 501 Commons, reflecting a changing role and broader range of services.Guiding Principle: Build on strengths
We build on the strengths of individual leaders and organizations.
- We respect each nonprofit's unique culture and history.
- We honor the expertise in your organization, as well as the expertise of our Service Corps members.
- We customize our services to fit your needs.
- We share best practices and collaborate with other service providers in order to better serve nonprofits.
We value - and practice - collaboration. In a sector that's always low on resources, collaboration can lead us to solving problems in new, more cost effective ways.
We believe that dialogue between nonprofits, philanthropy, government, and business is essential to tackling the serious problems that affect our people and our planet.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsTacoma, WA 98402
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- IT Consulting
- Group Facilitation
- Human Resources Assistance
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- 6-12 hours per month for 2-4 months