Calling All HR Professionals to Make a Difference In The Community!
4 people are interested
Human Resources services are essential to the success of nonprofits. However, many nonprofits lack the capacity, resources, and knowledge to provide these services to assist their staffs and help achieve their missions. You can help by contributing your human resources skills and experience to help boost the capacity of local nonprofits while also enhancing your own consulting skills.
501 Commons provides high quality, affordable consulting, coaching, and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to volunteer consultants who generously give of their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting. As an HR consultant with 501 Commons you can help support nonprofits on projects such as:
- Developing effective selection and recruitment process
- Assisting a nonprofit in recruiting staff members
- Conduct compensation study and advise the organization on equitable and responsible remuneration for staff
- Reviewing and updating employee handbook for compliance with federal and state law while being aligned to an organization’s mission, vision and culture.
- Creating a thoughtful performance management system
While the requirements of each project vary, on average consultants can expect to serve 10-12 hours per month for 2-4 months.
As a service corps member, you will:
- Access our resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
For more information and to apply, please visit Engage section of our website https://www.501commons.org/engage or reply to this posting.
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple Service LocationsTacoma, WA 98402
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+
- 10-12 hours per month for 2-4 months