16 people are interested
Music & Memory Patient Support Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Dignity Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
COVID vaccination is a requirement to serve as a volunteer.
Compassionate caring individuals are needed to provide companionship and relief to hospice patients and their families. Visiting with a patient and providing music from a playlist developed specifically for the patient can bring great joy to the patient and their family.
Visits can be made when the time works for you and the facility or patient. You will be matched with a patient/family that is within an acceptable distance from your home area.
You will be required to undergo a background check, and a two step TB test (at no cost to you). State mandated hospice training(on-line) is required and provided free.
- Program Development - Music & Memory
- Help to develop the Music & Memory program for Mercy Hospice Patients.
- Certification in the Music & Memory program or willingness to obtain certification.
- Understanding of music downloads, storage and backing up of the music library.
- Completion of 8 hours of volunteer training through the Hospice Relias Volunteer Training, or equivalent to be assessed and determined by the Dignity Health Hospice Volunteer Services Supervisor. Additional Music & Memory training also required.
- Serves as a member of the hospice team in meeting the needs of patients and families in the hospice program following a Plan of Care developed through collaboration by the hospice team, patient and caregivers. Volunteer services may include supportive patient/family care, clerical duties, or bereavement support.
- Meeting all requirements of Dignity Health Employee Health screening and clearance for duty, including but not limited to initial health appraisal, vaccinations, and annual PPD testing.
- Compliance with maintaining these requirements.
- Current California Drivers License or ID
- Proof of auto insurance
- Availability of operating motor vehicle
- Current CPR certification recommended but not required
- Accountabilities and Job-Related Competencies:
- Follows all Dignity Health Policies and Procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information
- Communicates effectively with terminally ill patients/families
- Works as a member of the hospice team and reports urgent needs of the patient and family to the appropriate team members.
- Keeps hospice volunteer services supervisor informed of patient/family status as appropriate
- Able to take direction from the hospice team
- Responds appropriately to unexpected occurrences or emergencies with patients/families
- Communicates with appropriate staff any concerns re: patient/family
- Maintains appropriate personal boundaries in the relationship with the patient, family and hospice team
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation
- Ability to provide respectful care to patients and families with diverse backgrounds, race, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, and culture
- Keeps established time commitment to the patients and notifies supervisor if unable or if time commitment changes
- Willingness to learn about different cultures
- As appropriate, provides companionship, support, and respite care to terminally ill patients and their families
- Maintain all mandatory training and in service requirements
- Agrees to volunteer approximately four hours per week for patient/family related activities
- Willingness to make a one year commitment
- Attend a minimum of 4 hospice volunteer meetings per year
- Adheres to safety standards and practices universal precautions
About Dignity Health
3400 Data Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670, US
We believe in living life as fully as possible and that includes living well to the end. We believe that every individual has a vast potential and that dying can offer an oppertunity to achieve that potential, or compel a person to fulfill a final wish. Mercy Hospice provides comfort, peace and solutions for individuals facing serious and life-limiting illness, giving them the dignity and compassion they deserve.
Since 1979, Mercy Hospice has been providing compassionate care to families touched by serious and life-limiting illness. Our hospice team works with patients to manage pain and symptoms while offering support to those caring for them. The goal of Mercy Hospice is to help men and women of all ages and with all types of illness spend their days in peace, comfort and dignity. We also want to help family and loved ones to understand what is happening and how best to cope with the tremendous changes that will occur.
3400 Data DriveRancho Cordova, CA 95670
July 15, 2022
- Program Management
- Elder care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week