23 people are interested
Calling All HR Professionals to Make a Difference In The Community!
23 people are interested
Human Resources services are essential to the success of nonprofits. However, many nonprofits lack the capacity, resources, and knowledge to provide these services to assist their staff and help achieve their missions. You can help by contributing your human resources skills and experience to help boost the capacity of local nonprofits while also enhancing your own consulting skills.
501 Commons provides high-quality, affordable consulting, coaching, and training services to nonprofits, schools, and public agencies thanks to volunteer consultants who generously give of their time and talents. The Executive Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and management consulting. As an HR consultant with 501 Commons you can help support nonprofits on projects such as:
- Developing effective selection and recruitment process
- Assisting a nonprofit in recruiting staff members
- Conduct compensation study and advise the organization on equitable and responsible remuneration for staff
- Reviewing and updating employee handbook for compliance with federal and state law while being aligned to an organization’s mission, vision and culture.
- Creating a thoughtful performance management system
While the requirements of each project vary, on average consultants can expect to serve 10-12 hours per month for 2-4 months.
As a service corps member, you will:
- Access our resource library, and professional development workshops
- Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
- Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
For more information and to apply, please visit Engage section of our website https://www.501commons.org/engage or reply to this posting.
About 501 Commons
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101, 1200 12th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144, US
We all rise when nonprofits thrive. 501 Commons serves nonprofits as experts, innovators, and partners. Our passion is to amplify the strengths of nonprofits--so people and communities flourish.
501 Commons was founded in 1989 as Executive Service Corps of Washington. In 2010, we changed our name to 501 Commons, reflecting a changing role and broader range of services. Most of our clients are in the Pacific Northwest, but many of our services are available to nonprofits in other geographic areas.
Our name is based on the principle of the "the commons." The commons can be characterized as having five distinct attributes:
- Free and uncoerced participation
- A shared purpose
- Jointly held resources
- A sense of mutuality
- Relationships that are characterized by justice and fairness
Our Theory of Practice describes how we approach our work and our Team Charter describes how our team of 45+ work together to serve our clients.
501 Commons is a 501(c)(3) tax-deductible, nonprofit, charitable organization and is a member of the Executive Service Corps - United States. By volunteering your time to 501 Commons, you are impacting the success of over 2,000 organizations each year. Join us!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 30, 2021
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Assistance
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 10-12 hours for 2-4 months