Help visitors to Sloan Canyon NCA's Visitor Contact Station
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Friends of Sloan Canyon is looking for volunteers to help staff Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area's visitor contact station. As a BLM Information Desk volunteer you would be introducing visitors to the geology, plants, wildlife, and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon. Our visitors are a diverse community, including international travelers, and you would be asked to thoughtfully answer a variety of questions providing guidance to visitors so they have a great outdoor experience.
Duties & Responsbilities:
- Staff the front desk in the Sloan Canyon visitor contact station
- Respond to visitors questions
- Be a source of knowledge for visitors
- Ability to communicate orally to the public
- Ability to acquire basic knowledge of the natural and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area, BLM missions, and BLM policy
- Willingness to wear approved uniform-t-shirt, nametag or vest.
- Knowledge of recreation opportunities of Sloan Canyon
- Ability to be people friendly
- Complete attendance of BLM power-point trainings.
- Become familiar with the biological, geological, and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon
- Monitor the information desk at Red Rock Canyon prior to becoming a Sloan info desk volunteer a minimum of eight hours to develop quality public interaction.
About FRIENDS OF SLOAN CANYON
2505 ANTHEM VILLAGE DR STE E275, HENDERSON, NV 89052, US
Friends of Sloan Canyon works toward the preservation of natural, cultural and recreational resources at Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area through trail programs, interpretive programs and community outreach.
Friends of Sloan Canyon engages in various stewardship and educational programs in support of the NCA and it's status as a National Conservation Lands unit. Led by a dedicated group of volunteers, we promote public lands stewardship by coordinating activities such as trail monitoring and maintenance, landscape restoration and staffing of the NCA's new visitor contact station.
We'll work with your schedule.
2998 Nawghaw Poa RoadHenderson, NV 89044
- Outdoor Recreation
- General Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-4.5 hours long, 8am-12pm or 12pm-4:30pm