Help visitors to Sloan Canyon NCA's Visitor Contact Station
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Friends of Sloan Canyon is looking for volunteers to help staff Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area's visitor contact station. As a BLM Information Desk volunteer you would be introducing visitors to the geology, plants, wildlife, and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon. Our visitors are a diverse community, including international travelers, and you would be asked to thoughtfully answer a variety of questions providing guidance to visitors so they have a great outdoor experience.
Duties & Responsbilities:
- Staff the front desk in the Sloan Canyon visitor contact station
- Respond to visitors questions
- Be a source of knowledge for visitors
- Ability to communicate orally to the public
- Ability to acquire basic knowledge of the natural and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area, BLM missions, and BLM policy
- Willingness to wear approved uniform-t-shirt, nametag or vest.
- Knowledge of recreation opportunities of Sloan Canyon
- Ability to be people friendly
- Complete attendance of BLM power-point trainings.
- Become familiar with the biological, geological, and cultural resources of Sloan Canyon
- Monitor the information desk at Red Rock Canyon prior to becoming a Sloan info desk volunteer a minimum of eight hours to develop quality public interaction.
We'll work with your schedule.
2998 Nawghaw Poa RoadHenderson, NV 89044
- Outdoor Recreation
- General Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-4.5 hours long, 8am-12pm or 12pm-4:30pm