Sidewalker for Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Transitions EAAT is a non profit organization that is designed to work with individuals (within the parameters of their cognitive, emotional and physical needs) who want schooling in traditional dressage, therapeutic riding or equine-assisted therapies. It is our desire to also offer riding lessons (private and group) for those who simply could not otherwise afford the experience. Sidewalkers walk beside the horse in lessons and provide physical/emotional support to the rider. They help the rider to successfully reach their lesson goals as well as ensure rider safety before, during and after the lesson.
- Comfortable around horses and people
- Able to reinforce instructor’s directions when requested
- Vigilant-constantly alert to the possible need for instant help
- Must be able to hold their arm at or above shoulder height for 30 mins to an hour
- Can support the weight of a student
- Greet the rider when he/she arrives and assists in finding a helmet
- Check in with the staff and volunteer team for lesson goals
- Assist with mounting and dismounting
- Walk or jog beside the rider providing support as instructed, possibly assisting with position changes and/or supporting a rider
- Reinforce the instructor’s directions only when asked
About Transitions EAAT
PO BOX 180932, MOBILE, AL 36618, US
Transitions Equine Assisted Activities and Therapy offers riding lessons and training to children and adults of all abilities. With over 25 years of teaching experience, our head trainer has the experience to provide safe, fun and challenging riding instruction to individuals of all abilities. Transitions is a member center with Path, Intl (a federally-registered 501(c3) nonprofit, was formed in 1969 as the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association to promote equine-assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) for individuals with special needs) and our instructor is safety certified with American Association of Horsemanship Safety and a certified instructor for working with our Veterans.
Transitions is an organization which centers on horse assisted activities and therapies that include, riding, mounted and ground activities, grooming, stable management and more. Our students range in age from 5-80 and include individuals of all abilities.
Therapeutic Riding serves special needs such as: * ADD * PTSD * Autism Spectrum Disorder/Aspergers * Down Syndrome * Amputations * At-Risk Youth and Emotional, Behavioral Challenges * Muscular Dystrophy and Cerebral Palsy * Hearing and Speech Impairment * Substance/Physical Abuse * and many more
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Eliza Jordan Road NorthMobile, AL 36608
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- General Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 5 Lessons/week for 5 weeks plus training