DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
One Village One Voice is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization located in the Bronx, We focus on keeping youth off the streets through sports and other activities. We seek a Chess Instructor for our youth program. We are looking for someone who is energetic and patient with kids and adults. This a volunteer position with our organization. We are a young nonprofit looking to expand our programs and continue to reach out to the youth. We feel chess can be a vital program for young children and teens if taught the correct way.
Please visit our website at www.onevillageonevoice.org for more information
- Teach chess to young beginners and advanced learners
- Develop curriculum, lesson plan activities for chess participants
- Help program plan fundraisers, team events, and competitions.
- Translate life lessons into chess lessons
- Work with program participants to develop their critical thinking, evaluation, risk-taking and leadership potential
- Be committed to the mission of the organization and be committed to the growth the youth.
- Knowledge of the rules and game of chess
- Previous experience as a coach or participant on a chess team preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with youth, parents, staff and community members
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the
Please send resume and chess experience information.
We'll work with your schedule.
3757 White plains RoadBronx, NY 10467
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 8hrs a week