PROVIDENCE HOUSE INC
*As of 3/20/2020, all Providence House volunteer opportunities are suspended until further notice. However, please feel free to reach out, and we will place you on a waiting list and contact you when we are able to schedule projects again. Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you stay healthy and safe during this time!
Are you interested in making a difference in a child's life? Providence House protects at-risk children and supports families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect. If you are committed to helping others, value communication and collaboration, and are passionate about what we do, we'd love to have you join our team! Volunteers provide support to the childcare staff through direct work with the children and through completion of laundry, meal preparation, and light cleaning tasks.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Complete an application and submit three references
- Complete a full medical screening, including a TB test (forms for this are provided)
- Get an Ohio and FBI background check - these can be completed at Providence House for $60 (which is much less than other locations, we've found)
- Complete "floor training" - worth 6 hours in total, 3 hours per house during your first 30 days
- Complete an additional 32 hours of training in your first year (total of 52 hours in the first year; 20 hours are part of the orientation period); 24 hours of training is required in every year after that
- We do offer training onsite, and there are often offsite trainings available as well
- Volunteer in your usual time slot each week
- Shifts are 9:30a-12:30p, 3p-6p, and 6p-8p
When Can I Volunteer?
Volunteers may choose any day of the week to complete their shift. Childcare volunteers make an ongoing commitment to the agency by volunteering regularly over time. They may choose any of the following time frames as their weekly shift:
- 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Volunteers must also meet the training requirements set forth by ODJFS in compliance with our licensure (52 hours of training within the first year of service), including CPR and First Aid certification (can be obtained within 6 months of the start of volunteering).
About PROVIDENCE HOUSE INC
2050 W 32ND ST, CLEVELAND, OH 44113, US
Providence House protects at-risk children and supports families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect.
Since 1981, Providence House has been committed to keeping kids safe and families together. Offering emergency shelter and services to nearly 400 children newborn through twelve years old each year, Providence House protects at-risk children and supports families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect. Our programs and services are designed to provide children safety and comfort in a home-like setting while we connect families to partner community organizations to stabilize family crisis, improve parenting skills, and ensure long-term self-sufficiency. Since we opened our doors, we have had the opportunity to serve over 8,000 families in crisis. For more information visit provhouse.org.