Treasurer - Volunteer Board Member
8 people are interested
This role offers the opportunity to help and support New Eyes (NEN) further its mission to provide the simple yet critical tool of eyeglasses to those in need in the U.S. and throughout the world allowing children and adults to build better lives through clear vision.
Responsibility: Volunteer Board officer monitoring NEN Finances and ensuring NEN Board members are well informed regarding NEN’s financial situation.
· Chairperson of the Finance Committee
· Provides oversight of all NEN financial information.
· Provides information and recommendations related to the annual budget and implementation.
· Ensures financial information is available to Board members and the public
· Reports to the Board at every bimonthly meeting (Jan, Mar, May June, Sept, Nov)
· Presents the Finance Committee’s recommended financial policies to the Board
· Ensures the Board is instructed on financial matters
· Holds check signing authority
· Periodically reviews account activity and bank statements online
· Reviews monthly reconciliation reports
· Recruits Finance Committee members as appropriate
We'll work with your schedule.
549 Millburn AvenueShort Hills, NJ 07078
- Legal (General)
- Approximately 2-4 hours a month
- Willingness to work with caring, active and productive Board members, staff and volunteers to make deep impacts on the lives of those in need through clear vision.