It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
4700 South Lake Park AveChicago, IL 60615
What's We Are Looking For Starting this fall we will have multiple locations and need the following for each:
- 2 instructors (teaching simple, impactful Chrysalis Curriculum (adding your own flavor)10:45 am-Noon)
- 5 volunteer staff (Set up, food prep, food service, break down, clean up)
- 5 mentors (Work/talk with students during STEAM activity (9:45-10:30) and during lunch (12:15-1pm))
- 2 Seasoned Ladies (1. Oversee operations, 2. Lead a parent support group and 3. Facilitate a parenting class)
- 2 Interns-High School or College Students who need complete community service hours or internship (Assists Instructors, Volunteers, Mentors and Seasoned Mothers where needed.
All volunteers, mentors and interns are required to:
- Complete a background check $25/person (by August 1st)
- Purchase a t-shirt $15 (by July 15) to wear during sessions, events and field trips.
- Complete an online orientation and quiz.
- Complete an in person training Saturday, August 11th at Kelly Branch Library from 10am-1pm.
- 1st Saturdays September -December are mandatory. Each location will have it's own team (9/1, 10/6, 11/3, 12/1)
- 3rd Saturdays September-December are group sessions where we meet in one location for community events. This is optional. (10/20, 11/17, 12/15)
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once a month on site. 1 hour meeting prior
- You will need to purchase a Chrysalis Mentor tshirt. $15
Report this opportunity