24 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers Needed to transport our dogs in New England-CT, MA, ME
ORGANIZATION: Guide Dog Foundation & America's VetDogs
Please visit the new page to apply.
24 people are interested
Do you love to drive? Do you love Labradors?
- We need fully COVID-vaccinated adults at least 18 years old with a flexible schedule and a current, valid, clean driver's license to drive in the New England Area.
- Pups and adult dogs need to be driven from various locations in CT, MA, ME approximately once a week or whenever you are available.
- Must be capable of handling/leash-walking adult large breed dogs 50-90 lbs. Training provided.
- DMV check, orientation class, hands-on leash classes, PPE and social distancing required.
If you are interested, please email Volunteer@GuideDog.org. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Guide Dog Foundation. We rely on our amazing volunteers to help with many aspects of our guide and service dog operations. Volunteers are the lifeblood of any not-for-profit organization, and without the dedication, commitment, and support of these giving individuals, the Guide Dog Foundation could not accomplish our mission.
For over 75 years, the Guide Dog Foundation has trained and placed guide and service dogs to provide independence, enhanced mobility, and companionship to people who are blind, have low vision, or who have other special needs. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that relies on contributions from generous individuals, corporations, service clubs, and foundations to fund its mission to serve people with disabilities. It costs over $60,000 to breed, raise, train, and place one assistance dog, but the Guide Dog Foundation provides its services completely free of charge to the individual.
About Guide Dog Foundation & America's VetDogs
371 East Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787, US
To improve the quality of life of people who are blind, visually impaired, or who have other special needs.
Guide Dog Foundation strives to be the leading resource and provider of premier services to facilitate the independence of people who are blind or visually impaired. The Guide Dog Foundation also plans to be the standard by which the military and the VA measure assistance dog providers, and America's VetDogs (VetDogs) is our way of recognizing the sacrifice made by our men and women in uniform.
Multiple locations Framingham, MA 01704
April 27, 2022
- People Skills
- Truck Driving
- Animal Care / Handling
- Bus/Van Driving
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Varies, you offer when you are available to drive.
- Comfortable driving long distances, to/from prisons, comfortable w/dog fur & dander, clean driving record and DMV license check required.