Foster Grandparent Program
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Foster Grandparent volunteers create meaningful relationships with children by providing mentoring and tutoring in schools, Head Starts, and day care settings. We will help you find a site that best fits your interests and needs. Foster Grandparents are able to serve very near their homes.
Grandparents also receive a number of helpful benefits:
- Hourly stipend ($2.65 per hour volunteering). This stipend is a non-taxable, reimbursement that does not affect eligibility for other income-based programs or services
- Mileage assistance for costs incurred to and from volunteer station
- Stipend reimbursement for sick, vacation and holidays
About Legacy Corps Caregiver Support Services
1607 W. Jefferson Street, BOISE, ID 83702, US
Legacy Corps is a non-profit, collaborative organization dedicated to supporting family caregivers. Programs are powered by highly trained and vetted volunteers committed to their service. Programs include educational workshops, annual family caregiver conference, and companionship respite. Respite services are provided through Ameri Corps volunteers dedicated to the unique needs of veteran and military family caregivers.
Legacy Corps is actively recruiting volunteers to join our team. Our Non-AmeriCorps team is open to additions at any time after an interview, background check, and training. The 2018-2019 AmeriCorps team is an elite team, offering stipend positions, receiving extensive training and support, and an education award at completion of one year of service. New Volunteer Orientation for the 2018-2019 AmeriCorps team is scheduled for November 2018. The Non-AmeriCorps team offers New Volunteer Orientation throughout the year.
We'll work with your schedule.
1607 W. Jefferson StreetBOISE, ID 83702
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 12-40 hours
- Limited annual income, interested in working with children, reflect a positive and flexible attitude