ADMINISTRATIVE - SWEAT EQUITY SPECIALIST - Age 55 and over
1 person is interested
Are you looking for something meaningful and have at least 16- 20 hours per month to volunteer? Utilize your customer service, math, facilitation and communication skills to help families navigate the sweat equity requirements.
This nonprofit organization helps people in our community and around the world build or improve a place they can call home. Below you will find some unique volunteer opportunities and at the same know that you are helping someone. Many of these opportunities are in Tacoma, Lakewood and Puyallup.
- Utilize your outstanding customer service, math, facilitation and communication skills to help families navigate sweat equity requirements for Habitat’s home buying program.
- Schedule SE Orientations with families accepted into the home buying program;
- Lead SE Orientations and tours of build sites and Habitat Stores,
- collect monthly tally sheets, evaluated and calculate totals of all applicable data;
- complete individual data entry of hours into Excel,
- send out letters and emails regarding SE requirements and hours completed,
- report participation issues to Homeowner Services Department staff,
- issue fines report to Finance Department,
- consult with clients individually regarding alternative SE, including planning participation activities, dates and times.
- Other sweat equity-related duties as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RSVP (RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM)
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is the nation’s largest network for volunteers age 55 and over. The growing segment of our older population is vital to strengthening our communities through their interest in helping others. As an RSVP volunteer, you are strengthening the positive impact people 55 and older have in our communities. Our focus is to incorporate meaningful volunteer opportunities that provide purpose and a way to give back to the community.
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches their personal interests with opportunities to serve in their communities. In 2016, Pierce County volunteers served 89,000 hours...what a positive effect this has in the community!
Current RSVP volunteer positions include local food banks, congregate meal sites, non-profit thrift stores (shopping assistants, sorters, warehouse assistant, truck assistants, retail assistants, assemble furniture in a fully equipped build shop), administrative/clerical assistants, assisting immigrants, English as a Second Language (ESL), reading/enrichment/tutoring/ mentorship groups and success coaches, gardeners for local non-profit, Russian and Spanish translator for food banks, construction volunteers (no experience required), and Immigration Intern, throughout the Greater Tacoma, Puyallup, Graham and Lakewood area.
We are continually bringing on new and unique volunteer opportunities.
RSVP is sponsored by Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the people it serves.
INTERESTED or have questions? Please email or call and we will mail or email an RSVP application for you to complete.
About Lutheran Community Services
223 N. Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98403, US
Lutheran Community Services Northwest partners with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest, in Pierce and Kitsap County, focuses on services for seniors, including Caregiver Support, Home Care, Meals on Wheels, RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program), Senior Friends, and Senior Companion Program. In addition, the Kitsap County office has a Navy Respite program and the Pierce County Office has a Refugee Resettlement and Placement Program, and Senior Media Services.
We'll work with your schedule.
Tacoma AreaTacoma, WA 98421
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- 1 - 3 hours, once each week, more if you wish
- filing, data entry, phone calls, consult with clients