Caring adult mentor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Process for Enrolling Mentors
The first step is completion of an application.
Screening process includes:
- Reference checks.
- An in-depth in-person interview.
- Background checks including: statewide Magisterial check, a PA State Police, and Nationwide FBI criminal record history, Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare child abuse history, and a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation driving record check.
- Background checks are completed every 3 years
- Driving Record check completed annually
- The Guidance Center uses BBBSA National Program standards for processing screening information once it is received.
- Any potential volunteer that has perpetrated any crime involving a child or dependent adult is immediately disqualified.
- The program also disqualifies adults who have committed a violent crime and those on parole or probation.
- Considerations for other issues or concerns regarding the results of background checks are dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants will be notified whether or not they have been accepted after background checks have been processed, reference checks have been completed and all the information has been reviewed. Completion of the screening process generally takes between 4-6 weeks.
The Guidance Center’s Big Brothers Big Sisters program reserves the right to accept or deny participants at any time.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Jefferson CountyElk CountyMcKean CountyDuBois, PA 15801
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 -4 times per month; minimum of 4 hours per month
- caring, supportive, positive role model