Let's Do Lunch! Deliver Meals Once a Week
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
1 in 6 seniors struggles with hunger. You can change that with just 2 hours a week.
Meal Delivery Volunteers pick up prepared meals and deliver to seniors and homebound adults on Chicago's North Shore.
Meals at Home is partnered with area hospitals and restaurants to provide daily, fresh meal deliveries to Seniors and others in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette-Kenilworth, Winnetka-Northfield, and Glenview. Meals are picked up by volunteers between 11-11:30am and delivered on predetermined routes Monday-Saturday (including Holidays). Hands on training and ongoing support is provided.
- Report to pick up meals at assigned time
- Ensure correct number of meals before leaving the pick up location.
- Promptly report any problems with order to the Meals at Home office.
- Notify Meals at Home office is client is unable to receive meal, looks unwell or is in any unsafe conditions.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver's license, vehicle registration and insurance. (Runners may be under 21; minors must be accompanied by a registered volunteer parent or guardian.)
- Must be a driver in good standing with the State of Illinois or issuing state.
- Must be physically able to get in and out of a vehicle repeatedly and walk short distances.
- Desire to serve others with respect for people of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Meals at Home volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Each delivery route takes about 45 minutes - 2 hours. We ask for a minimum of one scheduled day per month.
Meals at Home fosters health and contributes to individual well-being and independence by delivering nutritious meals, medically prescribed diets, and providing other supportive services to the homebound, elderly, disabled and others temporarily unable to care for their nutritional needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
1123 Emerson StreetSuite 213Evanston, IL 60201
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 2 hours/month