Food Program Lead Cook
3 people are interested
COTS is currently seeking volunteers willing to be a rock star cook in our kitchen! This position entails executing a full meal for 75-150 people. Our Kitchen is currently implementing a healthier and safe food program fit for our residents. As a Lead Cook, you will be assisted by prep cooks as well as our head chef.
We invite all individuals who enjoy cooking and want to be a part of our learning environment. As part of the role, individuals must have a willingness to relate to people of different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Executing a full meal for 75-150 people on schedule
- Supervising prep cooks and utility workers for entire shift
- Check quality of raw and cooked food to ensure quality and food safety
- Collaborate with other volunteers and personnel on the details of the menu, versatility for last minute changes and substitutions
- Decide what pans food will be put into for serving line.
- Monitoring safe food handling, prepping, storing, cooling, and holding. Making sure Prep Cooks and Utility Workers follow and adhere to food safety
- Knowledge of safe food handling, cooking, prepping, storing, and cooling.
- Ability to follow a basic recipe and execute a full meal for 75-150 people, and knowledge of raw and cooked ingredients.
- Basic knowledge of commercial food equipment stove, convention oven, steamer, food processor.
- Time management skills
- Leadership skills
Volunteers will be interviewed and introduced to COTS. Prior to starting volunteer service, individuals will be introduced to produces and rules.
We'll work with your schedule.
900 Hopper StreetPetaluma, CA 94952
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hours per week