COTS is currently seeking volunteers willing to be a rock star cook in our kitchen! This position entails executing a full meal for 75-150 people. Our Kitchen is currently implementing a healthier and safe food program fit for our residents. As a Lead Cook, you will be assisted by prep cooks as well as our head chef.
We invite all individuals who enjoy cooking and want to be a part of our learning environment. As part of the role, individuals must have a willingness to relate to people of different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Executing a full meal for 75-150 people on schedule
- Supervising prep cooks and utility workers for entire shift
- Check quality of raw and cooked food to ensure quality and food safety
- Collaborate with other volunteers and personnel on the details of the menu, versatility for last minute changes and substitutions
- Decide what pans food will be put into for serving line.
- Monitoring safe food handling, prepping, storing, cooling, and holding. Making sure Prep Cooks and Utility Workers follow and adhere to food safety
- Knowledge of safe food handling, cooking, prepping, storing, and cooling.
- Ability to follow a basic recipe and execute a full meal for 75-150 people, and knowledge of raw and cooked ingredients.
- Basic knowledge of commercial food equipment stove, convention oven, steamer, food processor.
- Time management skills
- Leadership skills
Volunteers will be interviewed and introduced to COTS. Prior to starting volunteer service, individuals will be introduced to produces and rules.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-20 hours per week