5 people are interested
Hospice Volunteers Needed
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Volunteers needed to visit hospice patients across the Western, Pa area. Have you always wanted to make a difference?
FRIENDLY VISITOR VOLUNTEER NEEDED!
Visit a patient on hospice care in Western, PA and provide companionship, socialization and caring support!
- Work around your busy schedule!
- Visit the day, time of day, and frequency that works for you and the patient
- Once a week? Every other week? Once a month?
- You decide!
- Most visits last 30-90 minutes
- Veterans encouraged as we serve MANY Veteran patients!
Spending time with a person at the end of their life is a gift you give and receive
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility and patience
- Maturity and self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity and sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19
Contact Shannon, Volunteer Coordinator at 724-654-2210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We happily encourage volunteers of any race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to their respective volunteer position. Orientation and trainings are scheduled to fit your availability.
**Volunteers do not provide clinical or direct care, such as: feeding, toileting, dressing, etc. You are just there to brighten the patient's day!
About Kindred Hospice
26 Nesbitt Rd Suite 200, New Castle, PA 16105, US
Kindred at Home/Curo Health Services is a fmaily of hospice care porviders focused on clinical excellence with compassion and dignity when life matters most.
The mission of the Kindred at Home-Hospice Division is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their fmilies when facing a life-limiting illness. We are committed to clinical excellence with dignity when life matters most. Hospice Care helps patients and families make the most of the days that remain. Our care team specialize in pain and symptom managment, as well as emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family. An individualized plan of care is develped for each patietn based on comfort care measures needed and the wishes of the patient and family.
26 Nesbit Rd Suite 200New Castle, PA 16105
October 12, 2022
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Per Volunteer availability