Teach Refugees and Immigrants in Saint Paul
17 people are interested
Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council!
Current Morning Opportunities in St. Paul:
- GED classroom assistant -- choose one shift per week: Mon-Thu, 9:15-11:15 a.m. or 11:45-1:15 p.m.
- One-on-one ESL Tutor -- choose one shift per week: Mon-Fri, 9:15-11:15 a.m. or 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Office help and student navigator--help students working with Ramsey County and filling out job applications -- one day per week Mon-Fri between the hours of 9:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required! Curriculum and materials are provided. An excellent 12 hour training course, provided by the Minnesota Literacy Council, will prepare you to be a wonderful teacher.
Make a difference in someone's life by helping them learn the English language or earn a GED.
For more information, click on "I want to help" below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
1115 Greenbrier StreetSt. Paul, MN 55106
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week