Activity Assistant for Alzheimer Day Care Resource Center
Job Supervisor: Ann Sanchez
Location: Mills-Peninsula Senior Focus
Volunteer assists staff in providing the participants with therapeutic activities that provide opportunities for socialization, mental, and physical stimulation.
Program provides care for the Memory Impaired population.
Volunteer times: Monday-Friday 1:30-4:00pm
Assist with the Music & Memory program
" Interview participants and help them make selections for their music playlist.
" Assist with putting on headphones and turning on music player (iPod).
" Collecting music and headphone when music session is over.
Provide 1:1 Socialization and Interaction
" Interview participants for personal history
" Ask participants questions and document their answers.
" Sit with a participant for 1:1 discussion, for reminiscing and socialization.
" Sit with a participant that shows agitation or anxiety.
Assist staff with Activity Groups
" Help staff facilitate the following type of activities: Sing-along, Karaoke, Dominoes, Loteria BINGO, Art (watercolor, pencil, pen, etc), BINGO, Origami, Knitting, Crocheting, Range of Motion exercises, Puzzles, Baking, Games, Gardening, etc.
Orientation and background chcks provided by Mills-Peninsula Medical Center. This is a requirement for all volunteers.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Mercy Beyond Borders - Accountant
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- Senior Focus - Activity...
- Senior Focus - Activities...
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...