Community Need Addressed by Volunteer's Service: Our nonprofit lifts up women & girls from extreme poverty in Haiti, South Sudan, and Uganda through schooling and advocacy. You will be supporting a fantastic team working in refugee camps, war zones, etc. through your accounting work here in the home office.
8 hours per week position to review accounting inputs and QuickBooks reports, make adjustments as appropriate, prepare and document accounting procedures and serve as liaison between staff and the volunteer CPA who prepares reports for Board.
" Assist staff in updating the Chart of Accounts
" Assist staff in creating financial policies & procedures handbook
" Advise staff as needed on accounting entries.
" Prepare accounting entries as needed by compiling and analyzing account info.
" Assist Executive Director with preparation of annual budget and cash flow projections
" Prepare monthly management report comparing rev/exp to budget
" Prepare drafts of quarterly financial statement for volunteer CPA.
" Execute and record investment transactions (donated stock activity) as directed by Board
" Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
" Reconcile any financial discrepancies.
" Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
" Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
" Prepare staff and internal systems for external audit in the future.
" Accounting or Business degree.
" 5 yrs. work experience as an Accountant, including at least 3 yrs. experience with Nonprofit Finance
" Competence with QuickBooks and Salesforce.
" Ability to design and generate timely reports. Attention to detail. Confidentiality.
" Interaction with external auditors and tax return preparers
" Experience with foreign financial transactions desirable
Time Commitment Needed: Approximately 8 hours per week
Orientation/Training Provided (Describe): Executive Director will orient RSVP Member to our mission and team. Data entry team member will explain current in-house procedures. Volunteer CPA will oversee and respond to any technical issues.
Benefits: The joy of working on a great team and transforming the lives of women and girls trapped in extreme poverty.
Reimburse Volunteer for Mileage/Bus Fare: Yes
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours a week
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Mercy Beyond Borders - Accountant
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- Senior Focus - Activity...
- Senior Focus - Activities...
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...