Serve our area's veterans as a volunteer Benefits Coach
2 people are interested
The Santa Cruz Public Libraries’ Veterans Information Center upholds the Library’s mission by providing support to area veterans and their families. The role of the Veterans Information Center Volunteer Benefits Coach is to help veterans and their families access information that will connect them with housing, education, health, and employment benefits.
Through the Library's Veterans Information Center - and with the help of trained volunteers - veterans and their families are given immediate access to databases and research tools offered through SCPL as well as assistance by Librarians in evaluating and utilizing these electronic tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience assisting veterans and their families, or a veteran of military service.
- Able to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours each week
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Successful LiveScan background screen
- Completion of 6 CalVet online training modules
We'll work with your schedule.
224 Church StreetSanta Cruz, CA 95060
- Veteran Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Two hours per week. Openings on Sundays and Monday
- Must be reliable