Parent Support Group Facilitator at the Lawrence Community Corrections Center
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
About Parents Helping Parents: Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit offering two services to parents in need: The Parental Stress Line and Parent Support Groups.Our goal is to empower parents to nurture their children and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (you!) to act as a group facilitator for a parent support group at the Lawrence Community Corrections Center. The center provides services and programs on a day-reporting basis for inmates who have been released from one of the three correctional facilities but are required by the court to attend programs, have random drug testing or hold a part-time job.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors people with addiction issues face within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly for 1.5 hours
- Possible Group times are a Wednesday or Thursday from 530-630 pm. Or Friday mornings starting at 10am. This is a new group and the exact time has not been determined.
We'll work with your schedule.
499 Essex StLawrence, MA 01840
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Family Therapy
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week; 1 year commitment preferred