Special Olympics NC Soccer Volunteer Recruiter - Buncombe County
Do you have expertise in the sport of soccer? Do you have connections to soccer communities in your county? Would you like to play an important role in ensuring high-quality sport programs for Special Olympics athletes?
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a self-starting volunteer to serve as a Volunteer Recruiter in Buncombe County for the Soccer Sport Development Team. Volunteer Recruiters have the unique chance to connect individuals to volunteer opportunities according to their personalities and experiences. The Volunteer Recruiter will help the Soccer Sport Development Team fill specific needs in sport programs as they arise.
- Complete training provided by Special Olympics North Carolina Sport Department
- Communicate with Sport Development Team Director regularly to learn about needs on the team
- Understand the specific needs of the Soccer Sport Development Team and formulate a plan for meeting those needs
- Make connections within the community to develop relationships with individuals with expertise in soccer
- Schedule and conduct interest meetings for potential volunteers
- Evaluate personality, background, and passions of potential volunteers in the context of the Sport Development Team's needs
- Recruit individuals for specific roles
We'll work with your schedule.
Buncombe CountyAsheville, NC 28801
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year min; hours/week varies based on needs