Volunteer Manager for Local Non-Profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Volunteer Manager manages the recruitment of new volunteers, coordinates the
allocation of volunteers to events, and manages volunteer appreciation activities.Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Human Resources in the developing an annual action plan for volunteer care, management, and recruitment, including short and long-term planning.
- Researches and implements processes and strategies for recruiting and managing the volunteer workforce for Rukundo International
- Coordinates the allocation of volunteers to special and online fundraising events
- Ensures that all current volunteers have their needs met, are connected, held accountable, and kept informed.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with creating goals and accountability for active volunteers.
- Plans and coordinates volunteer events (two per year), including the management of activities and volunteers that support the events, and successfully leads the event the day-of, meeting budget and expectations.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with providing volunteer orientation, and entrance and exit interviews for all volunteers.
- Manages the Volunteer Assistant to provide volunteer care, including sending birthday cards, prayer requests, "thank you" gifts, and other regular encouragement.
- Manages the Volunteer Assistant to track all volunteer hours.
- Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive and professional relationship with volunteers, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Human Resources, as well as other Functional Directors, and responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Experience with recruitment, event planning, and coordinating teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.