Volunteer Manager for Local Non-Profit
RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
The Volunteer Manager manages the recruitment of new volunteers, coordinates the
allocation of volunteers to events, and manages volunteer appreciation activities.Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Human Resources in the developing an annual action plan for volunteer care, management, and recruitment, including short and long-term planning.
- Researches and implements processes and strategies for recruiting and managing the volunteer workforce for Rukundo International
- Coordinates the allocation of volunteers to special and online fundraising events
- Ensures that all current volunteers have their needs met, are connected, held accountable, and kept informed.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with creating goals and accountability for active volunteers.
- Plans and coordinates volunteer events (two per year), including the management of activities and volunteers that support the events, and successfully leads the event the day-of, meeting budget and expectations.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with providing volunteer orientation, and entrance and exit interviews for all volunteers.
- Manages the Volunteer Assistant to provide volunteer care, including sending birthday cards, prayer requests, "thank you" gifts, and other regular encouragement.
- Manages the Volunteer Assistant to track all volunteer hours.
- Develops, maintains, and promotes a positive and professional relationship with volunteers, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Human Resources, as well as other Functional Directors, and responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Experience with recruitment, event planning, and coordinating teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to fostering global awareness between children and adults in the United States and children in East Africa. Our programs provide an opportunity for individuals to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
RI was formed to provide educational opportunities, healthcare and nutrition, community-based support, and hope to orphans and other underprivileged and at-risk children and their extended families in Kabale, Uganda.