Fundraising Manager for Local Non-Profit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Fundraising Manager leads the planning and coordination of fundraising events and activities, other than special events, for the organization.Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates fundraising events and activities (e.g. online events; sales of jewelry, shoes, and other donated items; volunteer-led activities, etc), including the management of volunteers that support the events.
- Support the Director of Development in developing and implementing an annual action plan for fundraising events, including identifying new fundraising opportunities and strategizing to increase fundraising success overall.
- Evaluates fundraising events (resource and planning compared with the fundraising achieved), and communicates assessments to the Director of Development.
- Works with the Communications Team for the development of any materials or communications to support fundraising event activities.
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with vendors, donors, and volunteers, in alignment with the mission of Rukundo International.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week during and surrounding fundraising events [2-3 events annually] (less during "off" times)
Role Commitment: 1 year
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Director of Development, as well as responsive to emails.Qualifications
- Experience with fundraising and in coordinating teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and good time management skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2022
- Donor Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week with 1-year commitment