5 people are interested
The Cat Advocate is an important volunteer role to help us get ahead of kitten season(s) by reaching out to those who post ads or requests for help with kittens and cats. This role will be a proactive one where you will advocate for cats by sharing resources and information on trap neuter return (TNR) and rescues in the area who can help with adoptable cats and kittens.
Main responsibilities will include:
- maintain presence on Nextdoor and Craigslist in your neighborhood
- meet with people in close radius who need help with cat colonies; train assist, transport, or foster cats during TNR, as needed (this isn't required, we only ask you to do what you would like to do)
- contact local grocers/pet supply/big box stores for cat food donations
- meet with Cat Cavorting team and volunteers as needed for training and team building activities
We are open to hearing more on how you would like to be a Cat Advocate in your neighborhood. Please feel free to inquire with questions or your ideal role as a volunteer with us. Bonus if you are bilingual (Spanish) since we would love to also help the Spanish-speaking community.
This role takes place in your neighborhood. We are located in Phoenix, Arizona, and are looking for people all over Arizona to take this role on.
We'll work with your schedule.
3219 E. Camelback RoadPhoenix, AZ 85018
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours per month
- Ability to email, text, and make phone calls as needed.