Horticultural enthusiasts volunteers needed for outside gardens and landscaping
Family Care Center
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
Primary Objectives: Spring through Fall Seasons
- Assist in general landscape maintenance
- Safely and efficiently picks up trash and sticks into yard waste bags and set in appropriate place for pick up
- Rake leaves and grass
- Water and weed courtyard, butterfly garden, and grounds
- Sweep courtyard
- Clean, and sanitize playground equipment, outdoor furniture, etc.
- Prune, trim, edge, as seasons change
- Mulch pathways Spring and Fall
- Enthusiastic about nature and outside environment
- Doesn’t mind getting dirty
- Physical strength and agility to allow for stooping, bending, lifting, and handling simple hand held garden tools
- Ability to work as a team; willingness to work alongside an experienced Master Gardener
About Family Care Center
1135 Harry Sykes Way, Lexington, KY 40504, US
The Division of Family Services, based at the Family Care Center facility, provides services to families with priority given to young parents. Our Center uses a strength-based approach to assist parents in their efforts to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency. This is accomplished through a number of services provided and coordinated under one roof.
The Family Care Center houses four programs offering a variety of services and opportunities for volunteers including an on-site high school program for young mothers, full-day early childcare, intensive case management to families in need, and HANDS home visitation services to expectant parents and newborn parents.