Hardworking Cat Nanny Needed
1 person is interested
Two part-time weekday volunteer positions are available at Blind Hope Cat Sanctuary.
Hours are 7am to 10am Mon-Fri. We ask for a commitment of at least 2 days/week per person, not to overlap.
We are a special needs cat sanctuary. Please read about our mission at http://bit.ly/2J66lcz
Duties include feeding, cleaning and caring for the cats. Vet tech skills are a plus, such as giving medications. Must be hard working and have attention to detail and a lot of common sense. No less important are cleaning skills to ensure the Sanctuary is clean and odor-free. A typical day starts with rounding on all cats, medications, feeding, litter boxes, mopping, deep cleaning, working with volunteers and doing all this with a great smile and attitude. No weekend hours are required.
This is not a beginner or a summer type job or one that is right for you because "you like cats". This is a physically demanding position that takes commitment and a desire to make an impact on lives that others may consider 'throw away". This is a position that requires a lot of compassion coupled with the ability and willingness to improve the cats’ environment in many different areas every day.
* Ability to scoop and clean litter pans and trays.
* Ability to crouch or bend to access tight areas.
* Ability to physically respond quickly to confrontations between cats using accepted protocol.
* Ability to medicate cats. Includes but not limited to injections, liquids, pills and treatments.
* Ability to navigate multiple steps and stairs throughout the Sanctuary and grounds.
* Ability to lift 40 pounds, particularly boxes or bags of cat litter.
* Ability to provide care to residents, including nail trims, brushing, and ear cleaning.
Volunteers must carry their own medical insurance and complete a Volunteer Application.
Training will be provided.
We are a 501(c) 3 non profit organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Between Rogers & Pea RidgeRogers, AR 72756
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 am, 2-3 days per week