Senior (55+) Volunteers for Veterans' Services in Lebanon, PA
RSVP of the Capital Region, Inc.
Three volunteer opportunities:
Benefits possibly eligible for:
- DAV Drivers (take patients to appointments)
- Shuttle Drivers (drive golf cart transport on VA campus)
- Telephone Survey Takers (make calls to veterans regarding services)
- Free supplemental auto liability insurance
- Free supplemental volunteer liability insurance
- Free supplemental accident medical insurance
- Transportation reimbursement up to $35/month
About RSVP of the Capital Region, Inc.
50 Utley Dr., Suite 400, Camp Hill, PA 17011, US
To create meaningful opportunities for persons over 55 years of age to remain active in the community through their volunteer service. The program improves the quality of life in the community by providing the assistance of volunteers in support of nonprofit agencies/programs across all generational lines.
RSVP of the Capital Region currently offers volunteer opportunities in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin and Perry Counties. Although we emphasize the volunteer services of seniors, 55 and older, RSVP enjoys the placement of all adult volunteers. The agency has an active volunteer pool of over 500, providing services at 100+ stations (agencies, schools, government offices). RSVP also creates and operates programs in the areas of tutoring children, mentoring children and teens, environmental monitoring and education, and computer education for seniors. Our goal is to provide volunteer opportunities throughout the senior's volunteer life, changing to meet her/his needs and interests. RSVP also provides transportation supports to assist senior volunteers in their endeavors. Our agency has provided volunteer placement services since 1972.