Student Series Outreach Intern Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Reporting to Student Series Chapter Campaign Assistant, Outreach Interns will be able to join an enthusiastic team within the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that focuses on working with schools participating in our philanthropic community service project.
This opportunity is well-suited position for candidates that are interested in broadening their knowledge of campaign support, nonprofit organization and relationship building - all while contributing to the efforts of saving lives. Ideal candidates will enjoy working with others and supporting the mission of LLS.
Various tasks include:
- Desire to grow professionally and personally during this experience
- Own projects assigned based on personal strengths and develop projects that challenge areas in which you can grow; all with a focus on the end goal of raising more lifesaving dollars and facilitating an environment that will foster success and teamwork
- Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications and visiting nearby schools to assist with assemblies and strategy planning meetings.
- Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
- Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Upstate New York/Vermont Chapter
Start: Early August
End: Dependent on hours needed for internship and interest
Hours: Hours and timeframe can vary based on availability
Volunteer should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- High School degree
- Commitment to assisting the team for the overall success of the campaign
- Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
- Capacity to confidently speak with educators regarding key messages and values of the campaign
- Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to collect and organize data effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and databases
LLS will provide the volunteer with an orientation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Also, email templates and communication calendar will be provided for each school based on program start date. Lastly, mock calls will be held with Student Series staff member in prior to outreach.
- Access to LLS resources (Patient Access, etc.)
- Reference for college credit is possible. Need must be indicated at the time of volunteer interview for consideration.
We'll work with your schedule.
1 Marcus BlvdSuite 104Albany, NY 12205
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach