Denver Public Schools - Volunteer Services
Math tutors provide academic assistance to students in K-12.
- Attend class tutor student(s) at least once a week for the duration of the school year.
- Assist students with homework and activities as directed by the teacher.
- Attend tutor training sessions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Energy, time, and enthusiasm to work with children
- Tutors should be available at least one morning or afternoon each week.
Minimum one semester commitment (preferably 1-year)
About Denver Public Schools - Volunteer Services
Volunteer Services, 1860 Lincoln St - 8th Floor, DENVER, CO 80203, US
The mission of the Denver Public Schools is to provide all students the opportunity to achieve the knowledge and skills necessary to become contributing citizens in our diverse society. Keep watching as Denver Public Schools continues to challenge itself, reform and grow.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with a joyful, rigorous and personalized learning experience from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of more than 200 schools, including traditional, innovation, magnet, charter and pathways schools, with a current total enrollment of more than 91,000 students. Of those, 56% of the school district’s enrollment is Hispanic, 23% is Caucasian and 14% is African-American. Additionally, 69% of our students qualify for free- and reduced-price lunches, an indicator of poverty.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of the Denver Plan 2020, DPS is among the fastest-growing urban school districts in the nation in terms of enrollment and leads all large districts in Colorado in terms of student academic growth.
Joined by our community, DPS teachers, school leaders and school-support staff crafted the strategic district plan, the Denver Plan 2020, which identifies our five key goals:
- Great Schools in Every Neighborhood
- A Foundation for Success in School
- Ready for College & Career
- Support for the Whole Child
- Closing the Opportunity Gap