19 people are interested
The Victim Advocate is responsible for providing crisis intervention and advocacy to primary and secondary victims of sexual violence on the 24/7 Rape Crisis Hotline. The Victim Advocate responds effectively to callers on the rape crisis hotline, utilizing active listening skills, problem solving techniques, and appropriate telephone counseling techniques.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a sexual violence victim advocate by the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence (FCASV) must be obtained before beginning volunteering
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and assigned program division
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff and demonstrate the ability to maintain an independent work schedule
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance abuse use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and co-workers
- Ability to problem solve and advocate of persons served
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic and safe environment
- Will be required to complete in-service training
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1201 W Lakeview Avenue, Building HPensacola, FL 32501
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is a flexible opportunity.
- Applicants must be nonsmokers.