Care Line Volunteer
3 people are interested
We have an exciting, new long-term volunteer opportunity available at our Chicago office! We are recruiting for two CareLine Volunteers beginning in July! CareLine volunteers are responsible for providing brain tumor-related information and resources to patients, caregivers, loved ones, and health care professionals who contact the ABTA.
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Respond to CareLine telephone calls, emails, and publication requests within one business day.
- Provide information and resources to constituents using the CareLine Resource Guide
- Communicate with constituents in an empathetic, respectful manner
- Contribute to CareLine resource lists
- Maintain consistent and reliable documentation of services (i.e., constituent tracking via Raiser’s Edge, completion of intake forms) in compliance with the ABTA and CareLine policies.
- Be familiar with the ABTA crisis policy, process, and procedures
- Do not provide medical advice, endorse any medical institutions or practitioners
- Regularly consult with CareLine Program Manager about any concerns related to CareLine and the delivery of services
- Provide CareLine Program Manager with shift reports following each CareLine shift
- Attend periodic trainings with CareLine Program Manager
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to volunteer for 6-8 hours per week at the ABTA office, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Mon -- Fri
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathetic and active listening skills
- Knowledge of ABTA mission and patient programs
- Problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills
- Ability to learn and retain information about brain tumors, their treatment and care, and patient/caregiver resources
- Proficiency with PCs, email, MS Word, internet search engines
- Ability to effectively manage periods of high call/email volume
- Calls and inquiries can be of a sensitive nature. Volunteers must be able to communicate in an empathetic and respectful manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low or moderate.
Sitting for extended periods of time
Typing and writing
Ability to view computer screen for extended periods of time
Speak to and hear incoming clients
We'll work with your schedule.
8550 W. Bryn Mawr Ave550Chicago, IL 60631
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 6-8 per week