Currently seeking an innovative and dedicated volunteer coordinator to join our growing SDPAC team. The volunteer in this role would be responsible for recruiting volunteers for our 24th Annual SD Festival of Beer. This individual would work with various team leaders for volunteer recruiting needs, update volunteer lists, send monthly and then weekly communications to volunteers, help direct on event day, and manage volunteers while simultaneously collaborating with a number of teams at our organization.
San Diego Professionals Against Cancer is a nonprofit organization comprised of 100% volunteer professionals who host an annual beer festival in Sept and a handful of smaller social events to raise money to fight cancer. We're hosting our 24th annual event and have raised almost $700,000 to fight cancer. Our teams are 100% volunteers and have their own daytime professions, so we communicate largely on email and fulfill tasks at flexible times.
The position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Assist in posting and producing volunteer recruitment ads.
- Works directly with the Board of Directors and team leaders to understand and support the overall objectives of the event, while successfully delivering volunteers for event needs.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work within timeline and budgets.
- The candidate must be flexible and creative.
- Additional support to three smaller events to promote.
- Assist with the updating and organizing documents, calendars, production timelines and event schedules.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Event and hospitality experience preferred.
- Provide high standards of customer service.
- Special Events and Sales experience are a plus.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and Excel a must.
- Excellent creative and factual writing skills.
- Strong verbal and excellent communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be a multi-tasker with the ability to set priorities, work on multiple projects and be resourceful under pressure.
- Familiar with navigating various social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Outgoing personality, works well with a team and able to interact with a variety of volunteers and clients.
- Special Events & Event Planner: 2 years (Preferred)
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Planning
- Human Resources Recruitment
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Various, flexible schedule, volunteer remotely
- Excellent communicator, good at directing others