Road To Recovery Volunteer Coordinator Position
The Road To Recovery Coordinator for Road To Recovery works with the American Cancer Society staff partner, and works closely with the volunteer drivers to provide lifesaving transportation assistance to and from cancer-related appointments.
- Monitors requests for transportation contacts volunteer drivers to coordinates assignments.
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to ensure accuracy of volunteer records and transportation requests.
- Ensures timely communication to staff partners, volunteer drivers and patients when issues occur.
Volunteer and Community Management
- Assists staff partner as needed with recruitment of volunteers.
- Responds to questions from new volunteers, and provides appropriate information to support their development in a timely manner.
- Successful completion of initial Volunteer Coordinator Training (2 hours)
- Ability to keep accurate and organized documentation.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Access to email, phone and internet required.
- Volunteer coordination can be done at home or in ACS Southfield office.
- Availability for 3-4 hours one day a week. Days needed: M/W/TR/F
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week