Teach music to children of low-income families
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
We are seeking a volunteer to provide music lessons for the children at one of our affordable housing properties. The children range from pre-K to high school levels.
The role of volunteers would be to provide music lessons for the children, and be available regularly for the sessions.
The preferred schedule for this program would be on Fridays.
This volunteer role would be a great opportunity for individuals studying to become music teachers and anyone with experience as a music instructor.
- Be a positive example and role model to the young people in the program
- Act as a resource and guide, help the youth learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed
- Respect that the youth may not share your lifestyles, values, or goals
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience in music is preferred
- Experience in music education
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor
Volunteer Instructors will gain insight into the life of a young person, an increase in their own skills and training, as well as the reward and satisfaction that comes from helping a young person excel musically and gain more confidence.
Instructors will work within Eden’s music programs and must commit to at least ONE shift per week for at least four months, on Fridays between the hours of 9:30am-5:30pm
We'll work with your schedule.
625 Berry AvenueHayward, CA 94544
- Teaching / Instruction
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Percussion Instrument
- Music Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- One hour weekly
- Weekday availability