English Classroom Helper (CEPNA)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
CEPNA is a volunteer run community program that gives current and former refugee clients and other Non-English-speaking members of the community the chance to learn English, starting from square one. The program plays an important role in helping new Americans adapt to life in their new home & build lasting relationships with community members.
The majority of CEPNA volunteers act as classroom assistants during large-group instruction. Ways to be helpful include:
- Being available to help the lead teacher with demonstrations or explanations.
- Checking in and helping students during individual or small group work.
- Helping the teacher to assess students’ comprehension of new concepts and activities.
- Identifying students who are struggling, and letting the lead teacher know during a break or after class.
- Leading small-group discussions or activities when asked.
- Demonstrating good listening and classroom behavior during group instruction, and participating in whole-class activities.
- Being available to work one-on-one with students who need extra help or have different needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
209 5th Ave N.Twin Falls, ID 83301
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum committment