Travel Educator Volunteers Needed: Curriculum Provided
8 people are interested
This is an opportunity for volunteers to showcase their travel expertise. Developing a travel workshop around a specific country or region that you know well, or talk about a travel theme of importance to you! Join HI Boston's general travel series, or speak in our special 'travel to locations in conflict' subseries. Lead participants on how to plan, organize, and undertake their adventure, and spearhead facilitated discussion among audience members from across Boston as well as international guests at the hostel.
Time commitment: 2 hours for workshop, 2-3 hours for presentation prep, total: 5 hours max.Current HI USA Travel Classes:
-Light Impact Travel
-Study Abroad 101
-Create your own destination specific travel class (ex. Travel India)
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication and more!
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
19 Stuart StreetBoston, MA 02116
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training