Oakland HOPE Food Pantry Help
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
36 people are interested
We have food pantry appointments on the following days...
- TUESDAY (Seniors only) 3-6PM
- THURSDAY 3-6 PM
- SATURDAY 12-3 PM
Clients select their own food similarly to a grocery store!
We are in need of...
- "Personal Shoppers" to assist clients in the food pantry. (This requires a small training session prior to volunteer time.)
- Intake- Responsibility includes collecting required information from our new and recurring food pantry clients prior to them receiving food.
About OAKLAND HOPE
373 Summit Dr., WATERFORD, MI 48328, US
Oakland HOPE began as an idea in the vision of One Heart Network (10 churches who meet regularly for prayer and encouragement). It was born out of a God-given desire to come alongside our community with more than just words. Suburban poverty is here in Oakland County and food insecurity has become its fastest-growing problem. Everyday, poverty-stricken families are forced to choose between basic necessities. HUNGER cannot wait. HOMELESSNESS cannot wait. UNEMPLOYMENT cannot wait.
Oakland HOPE consists of a thrilling thrift store that in turn helps to fund our fabulous food pantry. We are seeking volunteers Monday through Saturday. We have food pantry days on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The appointments are scheduled in advance and our personal shopper volunteers assist our clients with their shopping. We have a vast area to volunteer within, the volunteer areas consist of the following:
- Food pantry helpers
- Carpentry skills
- Computer/IT skills
- Sorting and organizing donations
- CDL or chauffeur's license
- Handyman skills
- Retail or merchandising background
We'll work with your schedule.
20 E Walton Blvd.Pontiac, MI 48340
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17