Volunteer with Oakland's First Fridays Street Festival (Multiple Positions)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
Volunteer with Oakland First Fridays Street Festival (Multiple Positions):
We thank you for your interest in volunteering with Oakland First Fridays! Please consider the following options:
- Vendor Check-In: 2:30pm - 5:15pm We are looking for volunteers who will be responsible for the vendors when they arrive to the Oakland First Fridays street festival. Volunteers will make sure that the vendors are in their correct spaces and keep track of who has arrived. We are looking for someone friendly, outgoing, cooperative and with great people skills!
- Runner: 5pm - 9:30pm Volunteers who can provide support wherever needed during the festival. We are looking for someone friendly, cooperative and able to work in a team!
- Pre-Event Support: 11am - 2pm We are looking for someone friendly and cooperative to help with last minute volunteer tasks and lead packets.
- Stage Hand: 4pm - 8pm*Must be able to lift at least 20lbs*. Volunteers will assist with assembling, disassembling and maintenance of stages during event performances. We are looking for someone strong, friendly and able to work in a team.
- Performance Are Coordinator: 4:30pm - 9:30pm Volunteers will manage performance line up and troubleshoot informal performances. We are looking for someone with great people skills!
- Booth Coordinator: 2pm - 6pm Volunteers will work the Oakland First Fridays booth by setting up, answering questions, passing out flyers and processing payments. We are looking for someone friendly, helpful and outgoing.
We are looking for volunteers every first Fridays of each month. Let us know what month you are interested in or if you would like to volunteer for several months. This is a great opportunity for gaining experience and resume building skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit this link to register: http://bit.ly/oakffvolunteerform
You can also email us at email@example.com or call us at (510) 361-0615.
Check out our website for more information: http://oaklandfirstfridays.org/volunteers
Oakland First Fridays volunteers will receive a free OakFF T-Shirt after their first shift, free food whenever they volunteer, community hours, and resume building skills!
About Oakland First Fridays:
Oakland First Fridays is an immersive art and community experience on the first Friday of each month from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Telegraph Avenue from West Grand to 27th Street. Oakland's KONO district springs to life with for this event, with galleries, artist collectives, street artists, local culinary artisans, performers, musicians, dancers, DJ’s, and poets gathering for Oakland First Friday events.
Oakland First Fridays provides thousands of people from across the Bay Area and beyond with encounters and experiences with local art forms, inspiration, food, music, and the energy of the electric city of Oakland, California.
Remaining Oakland First Fridays Events in 2019:
July 5, 2019
August 2, 2019
September 6, 2019
October 4, 2019
November 1, 2019
On behalf of KONO (Koreatown Northgate) Community Benefit District, a 501(c)3 non-profit- Oakland First Fridays, art and community street festival celebrating and sustaining the arts, we would like to thank for your support! Being almost an entirely volunteer run organization, it takes a massive collaborative effort between the volunteers and the Oakland First Friday team to keep this event thriving each month.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Oakland First Fridays
2633 Telegraph AveSuite 109OAKLAND, CA 94612
- Social Media / Blogging
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours depending on position