12 people are interested
ABCD’s Housing and Homelessness Prevention Department works with clients to give them the assistance and skills they need to maintain their households or find new housing that is safe and affordable. The Housing Intern will assist the Housing Resource Coordinator to provide direct support to participants in search of permanent housing.
- Provide application assistance for non-subsidized and subsidized housing including: state, federal, project-based section 8, income-restricted (LIHTC, HOME programs) and market rate housing options
- Participates in the development and facilitation of housing workshops with the goal of educating and informing participants about their housing options, fair housing, tenant rights, etc.
- Assist with intake and screenings, phone and in-person
- Schedule appointments and attend weekly follow up meetings
- Maintain data integrity and confidentiality
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Portuguese or Chinese -Mandarin
- Must be able to interact professionally with staff at various levels within the organization and have demonstrated experience working in fast paced environment
- Ability to work sensitively with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; degree preferred
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Flexible, working between the hours of 9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday
Unpaid internship, possibility of college credit
Please complete our Online Application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1825256508.
We'll work with your schedule.
105 Chauncy StreetBoston, MA 02111
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 16
- approximately 20 hours weekly