Grant Writer (Skilled) - The Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform
1 person is interested
Our mission at the Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform is to save lives and reduce injury among the public and the police by reforming the flawed training models, procedures and legislative standards for employees in the United States' Criminal Justice System, particularly those with the power to arrest, detain, commit and kill.
Beginning with in-depth research, our organization identifies needed changes to training in coordination with those communities who are impacted the most. Encouraging public engagement, we work in partnership with organizations and community leaders to promote safe, scientific, data-driven, and innovative changes to criminal justice training throughout the U.S.
Volunteer Position: We are looking for a grant writer who can assist with researching, creating, and writing grant proposals to fund the Institute and our current initiatives and programs. The ideal volunteer will be passionate about criminal justice reform and have a desire to help reform the police training process.
Excellent writing skills are a must, experience in grant writing and research are important as well. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Develop and cultivate contacts for funders and potential funding sources
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Experience in philanthropy a plus
- Experience in grant writing and editing preferred
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English
- BSc/BA in English/writing, communications or relevant field a plus
We'll work with your schedule.
Los AngelesLos AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90065
- Resource Development / Management
- Technical Writing
- Donor Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible- Determinant upon volunteer's schedule