Medical Billing Specialist with a big heart!
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
FACES is looking forward to meeting you!
Do you have a solid EHR system background, including either help desk responsibility or back-end configuration, with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for helping others, the role of EHR Specialist offers you several compelling opportunities:
- This is a great opportunity to become part of a team who are making a difference in the lives of children and families. It is a multifaceted role that can provide outstanding opportunities to learn and develop your skills while making a strong impact.
- Your efforts will help support innovative and effective evidence-based programs that provide whole-person care.
- This is great opportunity to start building a rewarding career place to work with a great non profit community mental health services.
- You'll find a strong family-like culture here; people enjoy working together to help some of the most vulnerable members of our communities improve the quality of their lives.
FACES Mental Health Services has been a leading provider of community mental health and substance use services since 1988. Dedicated to serving communities where stigma or poverty limits access, FACES helps more than 5,000 children and adults each year in 4 locations and 100 schools throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties. We are committed to excellence, diversity and opportunity, and our staffers are dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who make a difference in the lives of the children, adults and older adults we serve.
Reporting to the EHR Manager, as EHR Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring and supporting the electronic health record (EHR) system for the agency. Serving as a strong member of the Quality and Innovation Team, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Resolve Help Desk tickets daily, providing support via phone and email across all of our facilities
- Provide system training for new hires and training supporting for current team members
- Data entry of each new client in our system
As a strong member of our team, you will:
- Assess the EHR system on an on-going basis to ensure the system is meeting the growing and changing needs of the agency.
- May provide initial and ongoing training for EHR users.
- Provide end users with issue support, resolution and recommendations as needed, including EHR updates and changes with applicable Departments and users.
- Recommend and support the development of policies and workflows related to the EHR.
- Will adhere to departmental standards in regard to HIPAA and other privacy issues.
- Engage staff to participate in quality improvement activities related to EHR; assist in developing a culture of quality regarding the EHR.
- Document, track and monitor problems and system improvements to ensure a timely and functional resolution.
- Support management and end-user access to data sources in the EHR.
- Enroll providers in new insurance plans, as needed by our clients.
- Provide support to the Help Desk in a specialized EHR support role.
- Answer escalated staff questions in person and via phone on EHR and EHR related applications.
- Work closely with the EHR Coordinator and QA Specialists to support agency staff in the successful use of EHR functionality.
We'll work with your schedule.
2601 E. Chapman Ave Ste 114Fullerton, CA 92831
- Data Entry
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-16 hours per week
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures. Ability to work independently. Good phone skills.