14 people are interested
14 people are interested
Hospice Volunteering is a rewarding opportunity for people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. Our Volunteers are an important part of our team. Out patients reside in nursing facilities and private homes throughout Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties.
The value of art therapy to the hospice patient/family is the ability to create, preserve cognitive skills, express individual feelings, tapping into what they may have thought they couldn’t do anymore, sparking a fuse of feelings, encouraging conversation about how life may be affecting them at this time.
Art therapy can be expressed through drawing, painting, collage, coloring or sculpting. The enjoyment of art can trigger a memory, a story, or smile. Utilizing art with different textures is effective with dementia/ Alzheimer hospice patients as well.
The value to students willing to share their gift of art through volunteering for our hospice patients would be the experience of making sharing their gifts, talents, making a difference, helping them cope with feelings of anxiety about death, and providing a vehicle of meaningful reminiscence, emotional and social connection.
Volunteers would provide this complimentary service of art in a private home setting or assisted living community for hospice patients or their families.
This is a unique opportunity to learn more about volunteer management while working in a healthcare team setting. Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Yvette Young, at 856-845-8220 or email@example.com for more details.
About BAYADA at Inspira Hospice
603 North Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096, US
BAYADA has a special purpose--to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide. We care for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Families coping with significant illness or disability need help and support while caring for a family member. Our goal at BAYADA is to provide the highest quality home health care services available. We believe our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
With a strong commitment from each of us, BAYADA will make it possible for millions of people worldwide to experience a better quality of life in the comfort of their own homes. We want to build and maintain a lasting legacy as the world's most compassionate and trusted team of home health care professionals.
- We believe our clients come first.
- We believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- We believe that building relationships and working together are critical to our success as a community of compassionate caregivers.
- We believe we must demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- We believe in providing community service where we live and work.
- We believe it is our responsibility to strengthen the organization's financial foundation and to support its growth.
- Compassion. Our clients and their families feel supported and cared for.
- Excellence. We provide home health care services to our clients with the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards.
- Reliability. Our clients and their families can reply on us and are able to live their lives to the fullest, with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
603 North Broad StreetSuite 301Woodbury, NJ 08096
October 5, 2021
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 14 hours a month