Student Volunteer - Macomb County
22 people are interested
Many students, especially in the healthcare industry, are looking to gain direct patient care volunteer hours for their degree. Hospice is a great fit to make that happen. We provide exactly what a healthcare student needs to fulfill those hours for their degree. We provide students with the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a terminally ill patient. Our patient care volunteers will provide companionship and support to patient and their families with things such as: Friendly visits, Writing letters, Reading to patients, and Light housekeeping. Every patient has specific needs that we match up volunteers to those specific needs. Not only will you gain hours for a degree, you will have an experience that you can only get in hospice and end of life care.
Choosing to be a hospice volunteer isn't easy, but it comes with lifelong rewards. Your gift of compassion brings solace to patients while cultivating purpose in your own life.
How you can help:
Hospice volunteer opportunities are endless, ranging from visiting with a patient to clerical work to fundraising support. All hospice volunteers receive free training.
- Compassus Home Care - Providing support and companionship to both patients and families in their home. Providing a much needed respite in various situations.
- Compassus Facility Care - Providing support and companionship to patients who are residents of an inpatient care center.
- Special Events - Helping plan and implement special events to support Compassus.
- Clerical Support - Making phone calls, data entry, mail preparation, filing and other miscellaneous office work.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Bill White II at 248-355-9900 or text at 248-798-9882 or email at William.White@Compassus.com
We'll work with your schedule.
14560 Lakeside CircleSterling Heights, MI 48313
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Spiritual Healing
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training