22 people are interested
OC Habitats Program Naturalist (Educator)- #ClimateActionWeek
22 people are interested
OC Habitats is expanding our educational/outreach programming and is looking for volunteers interested in becoming a habitat naturalist educator. Our naturalists will teach students from pre-k to 12th grade about the habitat around them and the many aspects of it including how humans can impact it, both positively and negatively. Our programming incorporates state standards for California schools. We are expecting some programs to be virtual or hybrid, but OCH Education Programming is also conducted at a variety of locations including Orange County school sites, local habitats (parks), and beaches.
We are looking for the following characteristics and/or skills for this position:
- Someone who is passionate about the environment
- Someone who enjoys and is comfortable speaking to large groups
- Someone who has a base-level (or more) of knowledge about basic natural systems and functions (plants, animals, habitats, energy cycles, etc)
- Someone who likes to work with children from kinder to 12th grade
- Someone that can commit to at least 10 hours of volunteering per month
- Someone over 18 years of age, has their own transportation, and can volunteer for shifts during the week. Our Habitat Education Programs (Public, Private, or Homeschool) are scheduled for on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays of the 2nd and 4th week of each month. Some exceptions will apply due to holidays. Programming begins in September and runs through May with the months of December and February as "dark" months for holidays and weather.
If you would like to apply, go to our website, https://www.ochabitats.org/joinourcrew, or our recruitment app, BetterImpact, http://bttr.im/h1bn9.
About OC Habitats, Inc.
15333 Culver Drive, Suite 340-763, Irvine, CA 92604, US
The mission of the Organization is to provide a public service in the form of conservation efforts for the many habitats of Orange County, California through conservation efforts, rehabilitation, education, volunteerism, monitoring and partnering with other entities whose goal is to promote the preservation, conservation, and restoration of natural habitats and the species within.
Nonprofit organization that will provide monitoring services for a variety of habitats within the Orange County boundaries. We hope to assist and collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies to monitor and survey sensitive habitats, assist or lead in restoration projects in areas that are in need of such work and are approved by the jurisdiction it lies within, and to provide education about the habitats of Orange County to the public through educational programs at the locations themselves, at schools (primary and secondary), and through seminars for adults. We also will be working in collaboration with other nonprofits to assist them in their efforts to conserve and protect the environment.
To apply to volunteer with OC Habitats go to https://www.ochabitats.org/joinourcrew.
15333 Culver Drive, suite 340-763Irvine, CA 92604
August 23, 2021
- Math / Science Instruction
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/month
- Must have a basic understanding of environmental systems and a passion about the environment