Impact the Lives of Older Adults with Exercise!
12 people are interested
Become a workshop facilitator to offer life-changing health programs for older adults in LA!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County through direct services. We are dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a Workshop Facilitator you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and decrease depression.
Workshop Facilitators in Antelope Valley have opportunities to facilitate the Arthritis Foundation Exercise program, a 6-week exercise program for adults with arthritis or similar joint conditions. The program takes place twice per week for 1 hour per session.
Other program training opportunities will follow, if desired.
Abilities and Requirements:
- Comfort presenting for, and performing physical activity in front of groups
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive throughout Lancaster and Palmdale
- Some availability 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays
- Commitment to attending training and leading at least 3 workshops within the first year of volunteering
- Ability to speak English and Spanish
Training and skill development; Per diem provided upon workshop completion
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we'll match you with workshops in Lancaster or Palmdale. We ask that volunteers are willing to drive to either city to facilitate workshops.
How to Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.picf.org/volunteer or contact Allison Goforth at email@example.com or 818-8374-3775 ext. 136
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsLancaster, CA 93534
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for 6 weeks at a time; 3 workshops per year
- - Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way - Availability 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available) - Bilingual in English and Spanish