Impact the Lives of Older Adults by Leading Health Workshops!
12 people are interested
Become a workshop leader to offer life-changing health programs for older adults in LA!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County through direct services. Our Health Self-Management Services Department is dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a Health Self-Management Leader you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and decrease depression.
Health Self-Management Leaders have opportunities to lead one or more of the following programs:
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program: An exercise program for adults with arthritis or other similar joint conditions
- Healthier Living (Chronic Disease Self-Management Program): A small group program for people living with chronic conditions
- A Matter of Balance: A falls prevention program for adults who have fallen or have a fear of falling
Programs last 6-8 weeks with 1-2 sessions per week. The training sessions to become a leader vary by program, from 10 hours online to 4 days in person. The training sessions are arranged and paid for by Partners in Care Foundation.
Abilities and Requirements:
- Comfort presenting for, and encouraging discussions in groups
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way
- Availability 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)
- Commitment to attending training and leading at least 3 workshops
Free training, and per diem provided upon workshop completion.
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we’ll do our best to match you with those opportunities within or close to your community. We ask that volunteers are willing to drive up to 45 minutes to and from a workshop.
LA City locations include: Downtown Los Angeles, East Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Venice, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood, South Los Angeles, Watts, Baldwin Hills, Mid-City, Hollywood, Reseda, Woodland Hills, North Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, Pacoima, Panorama City, Granada Hills, Sunland, and more!
How to Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.picf.org/volunteer or contact Allison Goforth at EBPrograms@picf.org or 818-837-3775 ext. 136
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsLos Angeles, CA 90013
- Adult Education
- Physical Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week for 6-10 weeks at a time