Impact the Lives of Older Adults by Facilitating Health Workshops!
10 people are interested
Become a workshop facilitator to offer life-changing health programs for older adults in LA!
Partners in Care Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults in Los Angeles County through direct services. We are dedicated to improving health outcomes for older adults by providing free evidence-based programs to low-income seniors in their own communities.
By volunteering as a Workshop Facilitator you will be making a direct impact on older adults by helping them improve their own health, reduce pain, and decrease depression.
Workshop Facilitators have opportunities to facilitate one or more of the following evidence-based programs:
- Healthier Living (Chronic Disease Self-Management Program): A small group program for people living with chronic conditions (2.5 hours once per week)
- Chronic Pain Self-Management: A small group program focused on managing chronic pain (2.5 hours once per week)
- A Matter of Balance: A falls prevention program for adults who have fallen or have a fear of falling (2 hours once per week)
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program: An exercise program for adults with arthritis or other similar joint conditions (1 hour twice per week)
Programs last 6-8 weeks. The training sessions to become a facilitator vary by program, from 10 hours online to 4 days in person. The training sessions are arranged and paid for by Partners in Care Foundation.
- Comfort presenting for, and encouraging discussions in groups
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way
- Availability 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)
- Commitment to attending training and facilitating at least 3 workshops within the first year of volunteering (a 1-year commitment)
- Ability to speak Spanish conversationally
Training and skill development; Per diem provided upon workshop completion
Workshops take place throughout LA County, and we’ll do our best to match you with those opportunities within or close to your community. We ask that volunteers are willing to drive up to 45 minutes to and from a workshop.
How to Apply
Visit our website for more information: www.picf.org/volunteer or contact Allison Goforth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-837-3775 ext. 136
We'll work with your schedule.
Various LocationsWest Covina, CA 91791
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per week for 6-8 weeks at a time; 3+ workshops per year
- • Access to a reliable personal vehicle, and willingness to drive up to 45 minutes each way • Availability 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on weekdays (at least 2 full days or 4 half days available)