Volunteer Transportation Coordinator
8 people are interested
Do you want to help people EVERYDAY!? Are you passionate about aviation? Are you looking for an organization to volunteer with long term and possibly become an employee at? We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to assist in providing transportation for those in need.
SUMMARY: Responsible for a wide variety of tasks and functions. These duties include but are not limited to the planning, arranging and coordination of Mercy Medical Angels missions across all programs. The Transportation coordinator will Patient triage, Cross Training, Clerical Duties, Patient contact via phone and email and Booking Patient transportation.
The Transportation Coordinator can also increase patients served and building relationships with other non profits, referring agencies and hospitals.
- Receives calls and applications from the public requesting medical transportation or other services. Prioritizes, and coordinates missions for staffing in accordance with established procedures.
- Enters, updates, and retrieves information from a variety of computer systems to facilitate mission coordination process.
- Requests needed information for patient flights (Medical Release form, Set-ups, and Mission request and planning documents.
Ensure that all forms are completed:
- Medical release form must be faxed to local physician for signature.
- Inputs in to mission coordination system all pertinent information regarding patient, patient escort, doctor, and the treatment/medical facility. (Updated as changes occur)
Follows proper protocol regarding linked missions as outlined in Protocol Documents.
Communicates with all parties involved in the planning, staffing and coordinating of Mercy Medical Missions.
Attention to detail
Strong organizational skills
Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Ability to Operate a variety of office equipment, including, telephones, computer systems, copy machine and fax machine
Ability to use database, and other software applications as may be required in performing Mission Coordination responsibilities.
Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
We'll work with your schedule.
4620 Haygood Rd, Ste 1Virginia Beach, VA 23455
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week