Companions for Sisters of Charity in Wellesley, MA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
18 people are interested
At the Sisters of Charity's Marillac Residence we strive to meet the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our residents in a homelike environment. As a faith-based, not for profit home, we welcome volunteers to help us carry out our mission. Please join us to share your gifts of time, talent and compassion with our residents!
There are many roles for volunteers visiting the Sister of Charity at the Marillac Residence:
- Providing one to one visits with residents: reading, reminiscing, coaching basic computer skills and social media
- Helping transport wheelchair-bound residents to group activities
- Accompanying residents on fresh air walks in our courtyard
- Serving as Eucharistic Ministers and Sacristy Assistants for daily Mass
- Playing cards and other interactive games with residents
- Providing companionship for medical visits, shopping as a driver or as a non-driving companion. Share a meal in our dining room or in our common rooms.
- Providing pampering nail care or other skin and hair care
- Group discussion hosting for books, spiritualty, sing-a-longs, travel, etc...
About Sister of Charity - Halifax
Marillac Residence, 125 Oakland Street, Wellesley Hills, MA 02481, US
Corporately and individually, we strive to develop a sensitivity toward those whom the world oppresses, to right in great ways or small the injustices we see around us, to heal the wounds of the embittered, to speak peace to the troubled, to urge the mighty to right wrongs that we may bring the compassion of Christ to all whose lives we touch." (From the Constitutions 43)
We, Sisters of Charity - Halifax are a congregation of consecrated women sharing the gift of a call to give joyful witness to Love. Associates are men and women who recognize the charism of charity within themselves and share in our mission and goals. On our Facebook page you will find news, stories and inspiration about our congregation and the causes we embrace. We invite you to engage with us so that we might be mutually enriched.
We'll work with your schedule.
Marillac Residence125 Oakland St.Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
- Hospice Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Must be patient, kind and open to supporting / companioning religious women in thier sunset years.