Companions for Sisters of Charity in Wellesley, MA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
At the Sisters of Charity's Marillac Residence we strive to meet the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of our residents in a homelike environment. As a faith-based, not for profit home, we welcome volunteers to help us carry out our mission. Please join us to share your gifts of time, talent and compassion with our residents!
There are many roles for volunteers visiting the Sister of Charity at the Marillac Residence:
- Providing one to one visits with residents: reading, reminiscing, coaching basic computer skills and social media
- Helping transport wheelchair-bound residents to group activities
- Accompanying residents on fresh air walks in our courtyard
- Serving as Eucharistic Ministers and Sacristy Assistants for daily Mass
- Playing cards and other interactive games with residents
- Providing companionship for medical visits, shopping as a driver or as a non-driving companion. Share a meal in our dining room or in our common rooms.
- Providing pampering nail care or other skin and hair care
- Group discussion hosting for books, spiritualty, sing-a-longs, travel, etc...
We'll work with your schedule.
Marillac Residence125 Oakland St.Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
- Hospice Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Life Coaching
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Must be patient, kind and open to supporting / companioning religious women in thier sunset years.